SUFFOLK TRAIL FESTIVAL 12 HOUR RACE
Date: Saturday 16th June 2018
Race starts: 12:00pm
The Suffolk Trail Festival 12 Hour Challenge is a 12 hour individual or team relay race held at Shimpling Park Farm, between Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury in the very heart of the beautiful Suffolk countryside.
This race is open to Solo runners and pairs.
The route is a 5 mile cross country course and will include stretches of footpaths, woodland and meadows. Shimpling Park Farm is nestled in rolling organic countryside which makes for some beautiful views on an undulating course. Some of the course may be muddy and all terrain running shoes are advisable.
|Total Ascent:||268 feet|
|Total Descent:||265 feet|
|Max Elevation:||310 feet|
|Min Elevation:||197 feet|
Our TRA (Trail Running Association) race permit number is: 1354
Camping & Facilities
Camping is free for runners and we provide parking, toilets, showers, in race refreshments, entertainment, sports massage and fully qualified medical support.
Please note: meals are not included but can be purchased separately for £5 per person, per meal.
All finishers will receive a medal and there will be trophies for the following categories;
Solo Male – 1st, 2nd,3rd
Solo Female – 1st, 2nd,3rd
1st place Pairs
(Tech T-shirts are available for £12)
- A marked off-road 5 mile course around the beautiful Suffolk Countryside
- Free camping for the duration of the event, if you want to camp the night before as well, that’s fine.
- Toilets and Showers.
- Full professional chip-timing and lap counting.
- Friends and Family can enjoy the event as well. Extra Camping pitches are available for £15 per tent (4 sharing)
- Entertainment until 10pm on Friday and 11pm on Saturday nights
- Free Basic Refreshments throughout the race. Water / Coffee / Coke / Crisps / Fruit / Biscuits
- Fully Qualified Medical Support.
- Medal for all finishers. Trophy for male / female 1st, 2nd and 3rd & 1st place Pairs
This is a cross country trail event and all competitors enter it at their own risk. While medical assistance is provided for the duration of the event no liability will be accepted by the charity, individual race organisers or land owners for any injury incurred by entering this race. Parts of the course may be muddy and all terrain running shoes are advisable.
Pictures and video footage may be used on the Suffolk Trail Festival website or that of our sponsors and in advertising material and media write-ups. All competitors entering the run agree to their photograph being used for these purposes.
It is a condition of entry that all competitors agree to the terms and conditions as set out on the Suffolk Trail Festival website.
Please note: We adhere to UK Athletics rules – minumum age is 18 on race day
Please visit Event Info for event information & FAQ’s