12 HOUR RACE – STF12
Date: Saturday 15th June 2019
Race starts: Midnight
Early Bird £52 (£50 attached)
Please note: To conform to UK Athletics Rules, an additional £2 fee for non attached runners is required.
The STF 12 Hour Challenge can be tackled solo or in pairs. Situated between Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury, STF12 is a great opportunity to enjoy running in the very heart of the beautiful, organically farmed Suffolk countryside.
The route is a 5 mile cross country course and includes stretches of footpaths, woodland and meadows. Shimpling Park Farm is nestled in rolling organic countryside which makes for some beautiful views on an undulating course. Some of the course may be muddy and all terrain running shoes are advisable.
In a bid to combat single use plastic waste, a soft reusable speed cup will be issued to all of our 12 hour competitors (available to collect at race registration).
Camping mugs will also be available to buy on site.
Camping & Facilities
Camping is free for runners and we provide parking, toilets, showers, in race refreshments, entertainment and fully qualified medical support.
All finishers will receive a medal and there will be trophies for the following categories;
Solo Male – 1st, 2nd,3rd
Solo Female – 1st, 2nd,3rd
1st place Pairs
(Tech T-shirts are available for £15)
- A marked off-road 5 mile course around the beautiful Suffolk Countryside
- Free camping for the duration of the event, if you want to camp the night before as well, that’s fine.
- Free tea and coffee for the duration of the event (bring your own mug).
- Toilets and Showers.
- Full professional chip-timing and lap counting.
- Friends and Family can enjoy the event as well. Extra Camping pitches are available for £10 per tent (4 sharing)
- Live Music
- Free Basic Refreshments throughout the race. Water / Coke / Crisps / Fruit / Biscuits
- Basic Hot Meal at race finish.
- Reusable Speedcup
- Fully Qualified Medical Support.
- Medal for all finishers.
- Trophy for male / female 1st, 2nd and 3rd & 1st place pairs
Our TRA (Trail Running Association) race permit number is: 1354
This is a cross country trail event and all competitors enter it at their own risk. While medical assistance is provided for the duration of the event no liability will be accepted by the charity, individual race organisers or land owners for any injury incurred by entering this race. Parts of the course may be muddy and all terrain running shoes are advisable.
Pictures and video footage may be used on the Suffolk Trail Festival website or that of our sponsors and in advertising material and media write-ups. All competitors entering the run agree to their photograph being used for these purposes.
It is a condition of entry that all competitors agree to the terms and conditions as set out on the Suffolk Trail Festival website.
Please note: We adhere to UK Athletics rules – minumum age is 21 on race day
Full race rules can be found here: www.suffolktrailfestival.co.uk/12-hour-race-rules/
Please visit Event Info for event information & FAQ’s